This new design for the NordicTrack A.C.T. Commercial Elliptical Cross Trainer sees the drive mechanism placed into the middle of the machine. This unique design has made the model extremely popular for at-home use. But what else makes this product so popular with all levels of fitness users. Let’s take a closer look...
Most elliptical cross trainers have the drive at either the front or rear but the NordicTrack A.C.T have cleverly positioned it in the middle. This shortens the total length of the machine, a vitally important feature as a home-use product. It also means that the pedals are located parallel to the drive system, creating a superior machine in terms of stability and user balance. To look at the difference between central, rear and front drivers look at the NordicTrack C7.5 Elliptical Cross Trainer which is a front drive and ProForm 225 CSE Elliptical Crosstrainer which is a rear drive machine. The 10kg inertia flywheel was engineered to create a smoother ride and overall user experience.
The NordicTrack A.C.T. Commercial Elliptical Cross Trainer comes with a fantastic array of 32 pre-set workout programmes. The programme is also iFit compatible, with a subscription, so you can access literally thousands of professionally designed workout programmes at the touch of a finger. For a full body workout, you can choose to use the soft upper body grips which will activate your arm muscles. To adapt the programmes, you could take advantage of the 1-24% Digital Silent Magnetic Resistance which will increase the difficulty level. Keep a track of your heart rate by holding the EKG Grip Pulses.
Push your performance
For advanced users, there is also iFit Bluetooth Smart (BLE) compatibility through which you can track your progress, replicate real-life runs with Google Maps, compete with friends, and customize your programmes.
Tailor the product to suit you
The NordicTrack A.C.T. Commercial Elliptical Cross Trainer has many adjustable features including the stride length. With just a few simple twists of a knob, you can change the stride pattern between 18 - 22”. This feature makes the product fantastic for speed walkers and runners alike; you can use your natural gait at all times. For those users with mobility issues, the pedals are lower to the ground and offer an easy step-on. The oversized pedals themselves are also adjustable and are cushioned to maximize user comfort.
Your key workout stats are shown in real-time on the 5" backlit console and you can listen to music through the two 2” speakers. For your own entertainment, there is a sturdy tablet holder, space for a water bottle and even an auto breeze workout fan which adapts its levels to your workout.
All the extras
There are many additional features that NordicTrack have included in the A.C.T. Commercial Elliptical Cross Trainer. The adjustability of many aspects means that you can really transform the product to suit your own personal stride and user style. Compatibility with iFit and the BLE will push even the most advanced trainers to beat their personal bests. Overall, this is a fantastic product for all levels of fitness and, as with all elliptical cross trainers, it is particularly beneficial for users with joint pains.
- Build: Commercial gauge solid steel construction
- Drive: Center drive
- Stride: Adjustable 18 - 22"
- Inertia-enhanced flywheel: 10kg
- Digital SMR™ (Silent Magnetic Resistance): 1-24%
- Workouts: 32 pre-set workout apps
- EKG Grip Pulse: Providing accurate pulse readings on the go
- Display: 5" backlit iFit display (with priority display)
- Bluetooth Smart (BLE) receiver: For more advanced user interactivity
- IFit® Bluetooth Smart (BLE) enabled: For more advanced user interactivity (subscription not included)
- iPod compatible audio: Including 2 - 2" speakers
- Upper body grips: Soft touch
- Adjustable oversized pedals: Cushioned for comfort
- Rear mounted transport wheels: For easy transportation
- Integrated features: Tablet holder; Water bottle holder; Autobreeze workout fan
- Included: AC adapter
- Assembly: Easy out of the box assembly
- User capacity: 135kg
- Important note: NOT SUITABLE FOR COMMERCIAL ENVIRONMENTS
- Product dimensions: 157 x 81 x 166 cm
- Boxed dimensions: 132 x 78 x 65 cm
- Product weight: 116 kg
- Box weight: 124 kg