The NordicTrack Commercial 12.9 Elliptical Cross Trainer is an excellent addition to any at home-gym. The adjustable and high-class features are what makes this product stand out. Let’s take a closer look...
There are 34 built-in programmes that can cover a wide range of fitness levels. The choices include an incline, calorie, speed and heart rate control programme which can easily be toggled between. With 34 programmes we’re sure that you’ll find plenty to keep your interest and help you progress to your next fitness goal. If however, you feel that 34 programmes might not be enough then you purchase an iFit subscription which will allow you access to over hundreds more workout videos at the touch of a button. You will also find unlimited recipe options and community discussion boards.
Your workout data will be shown on a 7” high definition touchscreen. This model is also web-enabled so you can now browse your favourite social media channels, answer work emails or even watch Youtube videos without having to stop your workout in between. We love that the C12.9 reads your pulse data from the, included, wireless chest strap and adjusts the workout challenge if needed. You can also use the CardioGrip™ heart rate sensors on the handlebars.
Under the hood
The Commercial 12.9 has a 14.5 rear driver, which is powerful enough to create a sturdy run even when you are pushing your top speed. If you are looking for a more compact machine then try the central drive NordicTrack A.C.T. Commercial 7 Elliptical Cross Trainer. Having an even higher flywheel might be of interest to you, and if so look at the JTX Tri-Fit: Incline Cross Trainer which has a 17kg flywheel.
Incline and Resistance
There is a 20% power ramp which can be easily utilized during the programmes to increase or decrease the difficulty. Engaging the incline ability will also ensure that you are working more muscle groups. In total, there are 26 resistance levels which go up in small increments.
NordicTrack machines always strive to be comfortable because it promotes a better and safer user position. On the Commercial 12.9 you can adjust the stride from 18” to 20”. This ability means that you can tailor your stride, it also means that if you are over 6” you will still be able to use the machine naturally. You can also adjust the foot angle to ensure that your foot does not come off the plate at any point. This also reduces the risk of injury.
The NordicTrack Commercial 12.9 Elliptical Cross Trainer is an excellent choice for all fitness levels. It offers a wide range of features and we are impressed that the wireless chest strap is included in this model. Team these features, alongside the fact that you can personally adjust the machine to suit your own needs and you’re all set. The 34 programmes are both interesting and challenging for all fitness levels.
- Build: Commercial gauge solid steel construction
- Stride: 20" power adjustable stride
- Effective inertia-enhanced flywheel: 14kg
- Digital SMR™ (Silent Magnetic Resistance): 1-26; Quick Touch controls
- Workouts: 35 pre-set workout apps, iFit Bluetooth enabled
- EKG Grip Pulse: Providing accurate pulse readings on the go; Bluetooth Smart chest strap
- Display: 7" Full colour touch screen display
- IFit® Bluetooth Smart (BLE) enabled: For more advanced user interactivity (subscription not included)
- iPod compatible audio: Including 2 - 2" speakers
- Upper body grips: Soft touch, multi-position
- Oversized pedals: Cushioned for comfort
- Front mounted transport wheels: For easy transportation
- Integrated features: Tablet holder; Water bottle holder; Autobreeze workout fan
- Weight capacity: 125kg (19st 2lbs)
- Product dimensions: 204 x 66 x 164 cm
- Product weight: 111kg