The Airdyne AD8 Dual Action Air Cycle is a unique mid-range bike. A fantastic addition to both home and commercial gyms, the AD8 has plenty of features.
Team its ergonomic design with a heart rate telemetry feature, multi-display LCD console, nine built-in programmes and easy start-up elements make this a great model for all fitness levels.
Now you can include a total body cardio workout with your routine on this advanced air resistance bike. But, that is just the start. Let's see what else the AD8 has in store for us.
Advanced air resistance
With the AD8 you are able to manually adjust the resistance levels simply by changing how hard you are working out. There are no set levels, the air resistance is created by the perimeter weighed fan. This means that you are truly in control of your own level of resistance. It is perfect for HIIT style or interval training.
If set resistance levels are most important to you then we think you’ll be impressed with the 25 digital-resistance levels on the NordicTrack GX 4.4 Pro Exercise Bike.
Are there set programmes?
In total, there are nine built-in programmes that come with the AD8 as standard. The programmes have all been designed by professionals to help you reach your full fitness level.
You can choose between a number of different target programs, aerobic and anaerobic training sessions. Team this with the heart rate level indicator and you’ll be able to ensure that you stay in either the optimum fat burning zone or cardio zone.
Your all-important stats are shown on the LCD console. You can track in real-time your calories; watts; time; distance; speed; RPM and heart rate readouts of every workout.
What’s under the hood?
The AD8 has a space saving design, the product is fairly compact and is a great choice if you do not have much room if your home or commercial gym. Thanks to the fan and single stage belt drive system the ride is smooth and continuous.
We like that the seat is adjustable and there are multi-position hand grips so that you can find your most comfortable riding stance.
The AD8 is designed with commercial grade materials and we think, for the price tag, that this is an excellent addition. This model is more naturally suited to beginner and mid-level cyclists who want an efficient and easy to use product. We love the simplicity of the model, with the AD8 you can literally mount the bike and start riding. It is worth noting that nine programmes and no iFit compatibility may make this bike unsuitable for some users.
- Resistance levels: infinite
- Resistance system: air (perimeter weighed fan)
- Programmes: 9 (including Interval, Target, Heart Rate, Fat Burn, Aerobic and Anaerobic)
- Drive system: single-stage belt drive
- Flexible training: simultaneous upper/lower body, or upper body or lower body workout
- Heart rate: telemetry enabled
- Console: high contrast LCD resolution
- Display feedback: time, distance, calories, RPM, watts, pulse, speed
- Style: upright
- Power requirements: two D batteries (not included), AC adapter ready
- Adjustable seat: fore/aft adjustments
- Water bottle holder: yes
- Max user weight: 350lbs/160kg
- Product weight: 60kg
- Boxed Dimensions (LxWxH): 141 x 40 x 89cm
- Product Dimensions (LxWxH): 105.6 x 50 x 132.4 cm